Q & A
Q: What are some of your nicknames?
Joe, Jojo, Rev
Q: How did you get into golf?
I started playing in my backyard with my grandparents in Saint-Luc after school around 6 years old. My uncle was a golf professional and I really wanted to play golf like he did. We lived on #7 at Saint-Luc and I played a lot of shots on that little par 3. After that my parents signed me in at summer golf camps at Pinegrove Country Club when I was 10-11 years old. My relationship with the members started at an early age because I was always on the putting green and chipping green. I started competing around that age for the golf club and I loved it. I met great supporting people and great friends.
Q: How do you mark your golf ball?
Nothing special, just the colour changes depending on the team I represent. Red when I play for Team Canada, blue when I was playing for the MTSU Blue Raiders and green when I was playing for the Saint Leo Lions.
Q: Do you have any siblings? If so, how old?
One sister, Charlotte, 20 years old.
Q: What was the last book you read?
12 rules for Life – Jordan Petterson
Q: Who would play you in a movie about your life?
Probably the best looking actor in Hollywood or my uncle Michel Laperriere, he is a great actor, but he might need a little help to imitate my golf swing! And the producer has to be Jill Mazursky!
Q: What is something most people don’t know about you? Any hidden talents?
I play a little bit of guitar.
Q: What exercise do you dread the most?
The plank or suicides.
Q: What was the last picture that you took on your phone?
Picture at the Waffle House in Murfreesboro, TN.
Q: What is the best thing about your hometown?
First, La Prairie, QC where I currently live is beautiful. It is picturesque especialy in the old part of town and by the Fleuve Saint-Laurent. However, the people are the best thing about that city! Also, I was born and raised in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC and went to primary school and Cegep there, so it is a special city for me.
Q: Do you have any superstitions?
None. I just like to have a plan.
Q: What is the most surprising thing in your golf bag?
My caddy usually complains it’s too heavy, but I have no idea 😉
Q: If you could have a walk-up song on the first tee box, what would it be?
“Old time rock and roll” by Bob Seger
“Headlines” by Drake
- T2 – Canada Life Series at Bear Mountain: Valley Course
- R8 – 2019 NSW Australian Amateur Match Play
- T2 – 2018 Duke of Kent
- T5 – 2018 St Andrews Links Trophy
- Champion – 2018 Franklin American Mortgage Tennessee Open
- T4 – 2018 Terra Cotta Invitational
- 5th – 2018 Azalea Invitational
- Champion – 2018 Grant Clements Memorial Tournament
- T10 – 2018 Australian Master of the Amateurs Championship
- Medallist – 2017 Tailhade Cup (individual)
- Champion – 2017 Tailhade Cup (team)
- T16 – 2017 Canadian Men’s Amateur
- T2 – 2017 Duke of Kent
- T2 – 2017 Monroe Invitational
- T3 – 2017 Mason Rudolph Inviational (NCAA)
- Champion – 2016 Quebec Men’s Amateur
- 11th – 2016 Division II Championship (NCAA)
- T6 – 2015 Canadian Men’s Amateur
- Member, Team Canada 2019 Pan American Games
- 2018 Canadian Men’s Amateur Golfer of the Year
Ball: Titleist ProV1