FootJoy has unveiled its new HYPERFLEX line, delivering lightweight support and cushioning for improved comfort and performance.
The HYPERFLEX golf shoe features the innovative FlexGrid™ exoskeleton to provide all the comfort of running and athletic shoes, while also delivering the support, stability and waterproof characteristics required by golfers.
The distinctive FlexGrid upper of the shoe was inspired by the structure of the Leonard P. Zakim Bunker hill Bridge in Boston.
The FlexGrid exoskeleton is designed to be strong enough to keep the wearer’s foot from rolling laterally mid-swing, while also allowing for flexibility. The soft, lightweight mesh which forms the base layer of the exoskeleton provides added comfort, breathability and airflow.
Doug Robinson, FootJoy Vice President of Design and Development Worldwide noted that, “our designers have carried out research in civil engineering and construction to create the distinguishing aesthetics of HYPERFLEX which are also fundamental to its performance.”
“I’ve been a big fan of the HYPERFLEX ever since I put them on before the Ryder Cup,” commented PGA Tour winner Hunter Mahan. “The comfort I get when I’m on the golf course all day combined with the stability as I swing the club is fantastic. I really enjoy wearing this shoe and also really like the progressive, edgy styling of it.”
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- FlexGrid™ 2.0 exoskeleton upper – The high-performance upper material defines the aesthetics of HYPERFLEX but also has a highly functional purpose. The soft and comfortable material helps to control the foot during the swing and retain its shape over time. Incorporates a breathable membrane that is guaranteed waterproof for two years.
- FineTunedFoam™ 2.0 – The inclusion of FTF 2.0 provides the exceptional comfort of HYPERFLEX. The next-generation midsole, constructed of a softer and lighter EVA blend, delivers supercharged cushioning.
- O.P.S. ™ – Visible at the rear of the shoe, the Optimized Performance Stabilizer provides support and motion control towards the heel.
- N.E.O.™ – Next Evolutionary Outsole, equipped with ‘Tornado’ Cleats by SoftSpikes, has been specifically engineered with thin TPU that provides flexible-yet-durable underfoot traction elements that utilize the Fast-Twist® insert system.
HYPERFLEX will be available 2/15/15 in four laced styles:
- Navy/electric green
- Green/lime green (available 3/15; quantities limited)
In addition, three styles will be available 4/15/15 with the premium Boa Lacing System: