Golf Canada is excited to announce the return of #MyGolfYear presented by BDO for year three.
Look back and celebrate your 2023 golf season at a glance! Golf Canada members get access to a snapshot of their golf season highlights and their personal #MyGolfYear can be proudly shared with friends and fellow golfers across their social media channels.
After the successful launch of #MyGolfYear following the 2021 golf season, the 2022 campaign saw the addition of new achievements and golfing milestones available for every member who logged their scores into the Golf Canada Score Centre over the course of the season.
Golfers can share their #MyGolfYear stats, highlighting total rounds, best round, total holes played, total distance played along with personalized achievements from the 2023 golf season.
“We have seen record levels of play in 2023 and Golf Canada members have shown great enthusiasm in sharing their #MyGolfYear stats. It’s a great way to look back on their season and be proud of what they have accomplished on the course and then be able to share with those milestones with their friends and networks,” said Tim McLaughlin, Chief Marketing Officer, Golf Canada. “We are continually looking into the data and have increased the number of achievements since the program’s inception that members can highlight. We encourage all members to take advantage of this fun way to reflect on their golf season.”
The #MyGolfYear campaign wraps up one of the most successful years in Canadian golf including a record 10 million scores posted by Golf Canada members in 2023 – the first ever that that 10M milestone has been reached!
The full list of #MyGolfYear achievements for 2023 include:
- Top Golfer: Your handicap ranks you as one of the top 15% golfers in Canada.
- Every Day I’m Golfing: You played golf every day of the week this year, joining 116,567 other Canadians who accomplished the same feat in 2023.
- Golfer For All Seasons: You played at least one round in each of April, May, June, July, August, September, and October.
- Have Clubs, Will Travel: You played a round in five or more different cities within Canada in 2023.
- #MyGolfDay: You play golf on Saturday. That’s your day and you’re sticking to it!
- Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop: You managed to play at least one round, five weeks in a row this year.
- Peak Summer: Canada’s warmest day in 2023 was July 5. On that day, you and 66,300 other Canadians played golf.
- Hole in One: The highest of achievements! You and 3,358 other Canadians recorded a hole-in-one in 2023.
- From Sea to Sea: You toured the country and while doing so, golfed in three or more provinces in 2023.
- I am Canadian: You and 114,606 others celebrated Canada Day weekend with a round of golf.
- Giving Thanks: Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and cranberry are all Thanksgiving staples…for you and 23,654 other Canadians, adding a round of golf is equally as important.
- Golf Supporter: You have been a supporter of Golf Canada and golf in Canada for more than five years – Thank You!
- Golf Protector: You have supported Golf Canada for over 10 years and helped us grow the game – Thank You!
- Breaking Not Bad: You broke 100/90/80/70 this year – Congrats!
- New To the Club: You joined the Golf Canada community in 2023 – Welcome!
Thank you for being a Golf Canada member and enjoy sharing #MyGolfYear across your social networks!
To learn more about Golf Canada and the benefits of membership, please visit join.golfcanada.ca