Do you know someone interested in golf but aren’t sure how to get them started? We can help!
Welcome to Golf is a new initiative organized by the National Golf Course Owners Association Canada that aims to help new adult golfers get started on their golf journey. We believe that the key to an enjoyable first golf experience is ensuring that the golf course is a welcoming, positive, comfortable environment for everyone!
Starting May 22, golf courses across Canada are hosting open house events where new golfers will be introduced to:
- Where/how to check in upon arrival at the course
- The features and function of a Clubhouse/Golf Shop
- How to use the practice area prior to playing
- How to know when it’s time to start playing
- What to be aware of during your round… and more importantly what you DON’T have to worry about!
- Where to start and finish each hole
- Where to enjoy some great food and a cold drink after your round!
The Open House events may vary slightly from course to course but will all have a common theme: creating a welcoming, positive, comfortable environment for all new golfers in attendance.
Visit www.welcometogolf.ca for further program details and to find a participating course near you.