Dear Friend in Golf,
As we close the book on the 2015 golf season, I would like to thank you for your support of golf in Canada as a member of Golf Canada and Golf Association of Ontario.
Your dues support programs like the following:
- National Golf in Schools – 2,795 schools across Canada (2,501 elementary, 12 intermediate and 282 high schools)
- CN Future Links – Canada’s national junior golf program: 518 participating clubs in Canada
- Golf Fore the Cure – 145 participating sites in Canada
- National, Provincial and Regional golf competitions
- Course and Slope Rating; Rules and Handicap seminars; coach training and certification
In an effort to keep you up to date on the many programs and services provided to both clubs and members, I am pleased to share the following statistics that that reflect the engagement of member golfers:
- Canada’s #1 website for golf – Golfcanada.ca – had over 6.7 million views this year
- Over 7 million rounds were posted the Golf Canada Score Centre by Golf Canada members
Golf Canada is committed to investing in the growth and overall health of the game. As always, it has been a pleasure to work with our Provincial Golf Associations to deliver the grassroots programs that have filled the pipeline with elite athletes and recreational golfers all across Canada.
We are confident that your support through membership dues are helping to create a new generation of golfers that will contribute to the vitality of the game.
I would like to wish you a safe and healthy winter season and look forward to celebrating our great game together in 2016.