RBC Community Junior Golf is an initiative led by RBC in partnership with Golf Canada that will build greater diversity and equity in golf. The program will provide affordable access to the game for youth in underrepresented communities across Canada. As part of RBC Community Junior Golf, Golf Canada will implement the First Tee and Youth on Course programs at municipal and especially accessible public golf courses across Canada. By the end of 2023, RBC Community Junior Golf will engage more than 10,000 young people by providing free First Tee programing, and $5 Youth on Course green fees to select courses from coast to coast.
RBC Community Junior Golf Sites
Click here to view the RBC supported sites administering First Tee and Youth on Course in 2022
- Archie’s Family Golf Centre – Cornwall, ON
- Chedoke Golf Club – Hamilton, ON
- Humber Valley Golf Course – Etobicoke, ON
- Legends on the Niagara – Niagara, ON
- Peel Village Golf Course – Brampton, ON
- Tam O’Shanter Golf Course – Scarborough, ON
- Walter Gretzky Municipal Golf Course – Brantford, ON
- Whitewater Golf Club – Thunder Bay, ON
- Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation Golf: Fraserview Golf Course – Vancouver, BC
- Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation Golf: Queen Elizabeth Park Pitch and Putt – Vancouver, BC
- Cedar Hill Golf Course – Victoria, BC
- Club de Golf Municipal Dallaire – Rouyn-Noranda, QC
- Club de Golf Les Rivières – Trois-Rivières, QC
- Blomidon Golf and Country Club – Corner Brook, NL
- Mill River Golf Course – Woodstock, PEI
First Tee is building game changers by empowering kids and teens to be the best version of themselves.
Participants (ages 5-18) progress through the First Tee program over time, deepening their understanding of life skills and golf development. By seamlessly integrating the game of golf with character-building, First Tee creates learning experiences that help kids uncover their inner strength, self-confidence, and resilience that they can carry to everything they do.
First Tee trained coaches not only provide an introduction to junior golf and an opportunity to enhance golf skills, but they also create a safe, supportive, and empowering environment to help participants prepare for life on and off the golf course.
Through First Tee, kids will learn skills that stay with them for life:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
- Fundamental golf skills and techniques
To learn more about First Tee, click here.
RBC Community Junior Golf locations in support of First Tee – Canada will automatically become a Youth on Course facility, offering subsidized rounds of golf for Youth on Course members. With a Youth on Course membership, RBC Community Junior Golf participants will have the opportunity to play subsidized rounds throughout the week for $5 or less.
With the support of RBC Community Junior Golf alongside other generous partners, Youth on Course serves more than 100,000 members in North America who have access to play golf at more than 1,700 courses. To date, Youth on Course has subsidized more than 1,000,000 rounds of golf.
Visit https://www.golfcanada.ca/youthoncourse/ for more information on Youth on Course in Canada.