1333 Dorval Drive, Suite 1
Oakville, ON L6M 4X7
Telephone: (905) 849-9700 Fax: (905) 845-7040
Privacy Notice to Customers
Golf Canada respects the importance of individual privacy and is pleased to be your provider of member related services. Providing you with reliable service requires that we collect and retain certain personal information about you. We are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information, and we have developed policies and procedures in compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
We would like to take this opportunity to inform you about the personal information that we collect, how it is used, how we protect its confidentiality and your rights with respect to this information.
The nature of personal information we collect may include:
- Information we receive from you such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, general payment information;
- Facts about your historical and current consumption of services;
- Information about your transactions with us, such as account number, account balances, payment history, and account activity;
- Information about your golf club, your Handicap Factor, and information about your parent/guardian (for juniors).
The information we collect is used for the following purposes:
- To inform you of Golf Canada programs, services and benefits
- To provide you with continuous service and to bill you for that service;
- To assist us in the collection of account;
- To respond to your inquiries about service use;
- To prevent fraud with respect to both you and our companies;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
It may be necessary to share your information with third party agencies. For example, if you have signed a separate contract for home delivery of Golf Canada, we may provide your information to the party contracted to distribute our magazine. Your information may also be shared or disclosed to other agencies or organizations as required by law or regulation.
You have the right to request access to your personal information, which we have collected, and to request amendments to personal information about you to ensure its accuracy and completeness. To make a request for access to personal information we may have collected, disclosed or used about you or to request that your personal information be amended, please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to ensure you understand our need to collect and use personal information in the delivery of our services. You may also use this email if you wish to withdraw your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information. We can also be contacted by writing to us at the address shown above, our Privacy Officer will respond to any questions or concerns you may have.
We at Golf Canada are committed to being the responsible and reliable service provider that you expect. This commitment extends to the protection of our customers’ personal information. Thank you for your continued support.
Last Update: February 2, 2007