For many of Canada’s up-and-coming junior golfers, mid-November sets the stage for an important milestone in their career.
The NCAA’s National Letter of Intent (NLI) signing period opened on Nov. 14, with Canadian golfers officially committing to Division I and II programs in the U.S.
Dao, 17, of Notre-Dame-de-LÎle-Perrot, Que., committed to the Georgia Bulldogs.
“Celeste has played in the U.S. Open and the CP Women’s Open in the same the year, which is an incredible achievement,” head coach Brewer told the Bulldogs. “Her golf game, since I’ve known her, continues to improve every year. Not even every year, but kind of every three months she becomes better and better. It’s kind of exciting to have signed someone that’s already good but continues to improve. On top of that, she is from just a wonderful family who loves the game of golf.”
Vandette, of Beaconsfield, Que., signed the dotted line to join the Kent State Golden Flashes. The reigning Canadian Junior Boys champion joins a lineage of Canadians who have entered the program including Corey Conners, Mac Hughes, Taylor Pendrith and Jennifer Ha.
Team Canada athletes who have already committed are Monet Chun (University of Michigan), Ellie Szeryk (Texas A&M) and Sarah Beqaj (SMU).
View this post on Instagram
Other Canucks to sign National Letters of Intent are:
- Isabella Portokalis (London, Ont.): Florida Gulf Coast University Eagles
- Robbie Latter (Mississauga, Ont.) : Hattiesburg Golden Eagles
- Jenn McKay: Brigham Young University Cougars
- Susan Xiao (Surrey, B.C.): University of Pennsylvania Quakers
- Luc Warnock (McGregor, Ont.) – Northern Illinois Huskies
- Anabelle Ackroyd (Calgary, Alta.) – University of Minnesota Golden Gophers
- Hailey McLaughlin (Markham, Ont.) – Wingate University Bulldogs
- Tristan Renaud (Sudbury, Ont.) – Sam Houston State Bearkats
- Sean Buckles (North Vancouver, B.C.) – Utah Valley University Wolverines
- Remi Chartier (Montreal, Que.) – East Tennessee State Buccaneers
- Kayla Burke (Port Colborne, Ont.) – Arkansas State Red Wolves
- William Duquette (Laval, Que.) – University of Kansas
Did we miss someone? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org