Fifty years ago, in 1968, we celebrated the opening of a number of golf courses from coast-to-coast in Canada.
The list of clubs include:
- Acme Golf Club (Acme, AB)
- Fort Langley Golf Club (Fort Langley, BC)
- Kokanee Springs Resort Club (Crawford Bay, BC)
- Meadow Gardens Golf Club (Pitt Meadows, BC)
- West Pubnico Golf & Country Club (Pubnico, NS)
- Kanata Golf & Country Club (Kanata, ON)
- Chibougamau-Chapais Club de Golf (Chiboufamau, QC)
- Glen Cedars Golf Club (Claremont, ON)
Notable Golf Moments in 1968:
The World Amateur Team Championship was held in Australia, Bob Charles is the first left-handed golfer to win the Canadian Open and the only New Zealander, and Sandra Post wins LPGA Rookie-of-the-Year Award as well as the 1968 LPGA Championship in a playoff. Bob Goalby won his only major championship, one stroke ahead of Roberto De Vicenzo, the reigning British Open champion.