The LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament will get underway Wednesday at Daytona Beach, Fla. and 12 Canadians will tee-it-up with hopes of securing LPGA Tour status for 2015.
The final qualifier is a 90-hole, stroke-play format and will be played on the Jones and Hill courses at LPGA International.
The top 20 players from the 154-player field will earn Priority in Category 12 (full-time status for 2015), while players finishing 21st -45th will receive Priority in Category 17 (conditional-status for 2015).
There will be a 72-hole cut after play on Saturday. The top 70 plus ties will tee off in the fifth and final round on Sunday.
There is a $50,000 purse for the event with the medalist taking home $5,000.
The Canadian participants in this year’s final qualifying stage are:
- Brittany Henderson (Smiths Falls, Ont.)
- Augusta James (Kingston, Ont.)
- Sara-Maude Juneau (Fossambault-Sur-Le-Lac, Què.)
- Lorie Kane (Charlottetown, P.E.I.)
- Soo-Bin Kim (Coquitlam, B.C.) *
- Sue Kim (Langley, B.C.)
- Jennifer Kirby (Paris, Ont.)
- Maude-Aimee Leblanc (Sherbrooke, Què.)
- Rebecca Lee-Bentham (Toronto, Ont.)
- Brogan McKinnon (Misssissauga, Ont.)
- Samantha Richdale (Kelowna, B.C.)
- Nicole Vandermade (Brantford, Ont.)
* denotes Canadian resident